[erlang-questions] Lets build a stock exchange!

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@REDACTED
Mon Nov 12 02:48:06 CET 2007

There are two ways in which a stock exchange is extremely interesting
as a model application of erlang:

1) The latency demands can be very important.  Building a system that
scales while maintaining latency constraints is a real challenge.
Showing how erlang makes that possible would be very interesting.

2) Reliability.  In any system dealing with finacial transactions,
reliability must be there in all respects.  Erlang is perfect for this
type of thing and showing how it can be done would be fantastic.

Brian