[erlang-questions] {eep} Metaprogramming in Erlang

Per Gustafsson per.gustafsson@REDACTED
Fri Nov 9 19:21:27 CET 2007

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a little confused about the fact that there's been no reaction
> regarding my metaprogramming suggestion. From earlier discussions
> about this kind of issues, the only thing I wasn't expecting was
> almost complete silence :-)
>
> So I would like to make another call for feedback.
>
> Is it unneeded/redundant/silly?

I think this could be a really good addition to Erlang if done right
> Is an implementation called for so that one can get a feeling of what
> it means in practice?

I think this would be really good. Together with some examples it would
give us some idea what we would be able to do

> Are more-to-the-point use-cases needed?
> Is the document too long and boring and nobody remained awake past chapter 1?

I read it all the way through. It was pretty easy to read, but in order
to be able to give good comments is really hard without having something
to experiment with. What kind of limitations would one run into, what
would be hard to express. It is difficult to get a feel for this by just
reading the document.

Per