[erlang-questions] Book: Hardcore Erlang

Alexander Lamb alexander.lamb@REDACTED
Fri Nov 9 14:09:18 CET 2007

Some items:

- how to bridge to other systems (through a message bus maybe, e.g.
RabbitMQ) to "push data out"
- how to handle state for a connected user and bridge to a user
interface (Web or other)
- how to handle updates of data formats (records) without breaking all
the chain

Looking forward to read it (now I finished Joe's book:-). When can we
expect to see it on the shelves?

Alex

Le 9 nov. 07 à 11:54, Joel Reymont a écrit :

> I signed up with Pragmatic Programmers to write a new Erlang book.
>
> Working title is Hardcore Erlang and it will be built around
> OpenPoker. The emphasis of the book will be more on showing how to
> write scalable Erlang servers and less on how to write a poker server.
>
> Apart from the following topics, are there any other topics you would
> like me to cover?
>
> 	Thanks, Joel
>
> ----
>
> - The architecture of a poker server from far above
>
> - Thinking processes instead of objects
>
> - Game logic
>  - Stacking state machines
>  - Swapping logic