[erlang-questions] Now, starting with erlang

David Mitchell monch1962@REDACTED
Thu Nov 8 20:42:27 CET 2007

As others have said, you might find Erlang is not well suited to
building desktop applications.

I find it great for building servers, but I wouldn't even attempt to
use it for desktop apps - the library support really doesn't look that
great, and there would be a LOT of work to do in creating a GUI.  If
you're used to Delphi, you'll probably become very frustrated very
quickly.

Why not keep building your desktop apps with Delphi, and consider
switching to Erlang for any server-side components?  That would seem
to give you the best of both worlds

Regards

Dave M.