[erlang-questions] Dynamically generated atoms get reused if they are the same?

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Thu Nov 8 21:05:21 CET 2007

Hi,

is this a wise idea to implement English->English dictionary using atoms?
(the other choice is binaries, lists are out of question, since they taking
16 words/character on 64bit machine).
Example of such a dictionary is mapping a word to the list of synonymous
words, i.e:

get_synonims(job) -> [work,task,gig].

Of course after dictionary once filled, only list_to_existing_atom will be
used and let's say there is maximum 100K words.

Thanks in advance,
Zvi