[erlang-questions] Emacs Erlang-mode peculiarity

David Cabana drcabana@REDACTED
Sat Nov 3 04:47:35 CET 2007

I noticed tonight that I cannot use the letter "C" while in the Erlang Shell
provided by the Emacs Erlang mode in response to C-c C-z.

The upper case "C" seems to be interpreted as some type of command.  Using
C-h k to get help on "C" results in C- displaying in the minibuffer, as the
help system waits for me to type another character, say s, whereupon I am
informed that C s is undefined.

My first guess was that I had botched something in my .emacs file, but I
noticed this happens on both windows (GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (
i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)) and on OS X  (current version of Aquamacs).

Has anyone else encountered this?  It seems ridiculous to be unable to use
the character "C".