[erlang-questions] Erlang "jar" file?

Benjamin Tolputt bjt@REDACTED
Fri Nov 2 01:19:16 CET 2007

Matthias Lang wrote:
> If it's that important, you can always go back to the future and use
> the hacked R9B version:
>
>   http://www.sics.se/~joe/sae.html
>
> The download still works, so there's a reasonable chance the whole shebang
> will still work, at least on the *nixes.

And miss out on the improvements & support that comes with the latest
version of Erlang? *laugh* Even if I could convince myself it was worth
it (which, given the fact I evangelize the SMP & concurrency tie-in of
Erlang alot, is a hard task), I doubt I could make it fly with
management as soon as it comes out it is soon to be THREE major versions
behind.

Funnily enough, the source for Erlang/OTP still has remenants of the SAE
code lying around. I never got an answer from the "Powers That Be" (i.e.
core Erlang developers) as to whether this is just waiting on being
cleaned out or whether it is there for later
incorporation/improvement... I am assuming the former but would be
pleasantly surprised if it were the latter.

Regards,
B.J.Tolputt