[erlang-questions] program: eburg, an iburg-style code generator generator

Jakob Sievers cadr4u@REDACTED
Thu Nov 1 19:21:51 CET 2007

Ahoy!
Since a burg-clone was the only major compiler tool not yet available
for Erlang, I figured I'd implement one.
I've uploaded the first public version of eburg to trapexit:

  http://forum.trapexit.org/viewtopic.php?p=33406

For those readers unfamiliar with burg, its somewhat similar to yacc
but instead of generating string parsers, it generates tree parsers
(which are most commonly used as code generators).
For details, see the iburg paper available here:

    http://storage.webhop.net/documents/iburg.pdf

While the test suite is reasonably thorough, undoubtedly bugs remain.
If you encounter any, please let me know. Also, if you have any
feature requests, I'd probably be happy to implement them.
In particular, I'd be interested to hear what people think about
having to quote subject tree operators since they're all upper case
(I personally don't mind but it's trivially changeable if anyone does).
I've only tested eburg using R11B3 on x86 so far - do send me mail if
there are issues on other platforms.

Cheers,
  -jakob