[erlang-questions] : idea: tagging subject line in this group

Thu Nov 1 14:25:44 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 04:20:22AM -0700, Heinz Eriksson wrote:

> There is no tag which fully fits what I read this list for; 'prinicple'.
> Discussions on selective receive for keeping state machines manageble, COP,
> let it crash, better record data type, static/dynamic typing, why process
> dictionary is bad and referential transparency is good and how the principle
> apply (or fail) in Erlang.

A bit like clairfy: but why, and philosophically...?

> So my tag proposal is 'principle', but it could also be 'philosophy' or even
> 'religion':-)

More suggestions? I think I like `religion', with `philosophy'
as a close runner-up.

> (I would not be surprised if the tagging idea dies out within a few weeks
> though. )

Maybe. I have been thinking about some kind of sublisting since the last
EUC, and since Joe brought it up there is a good chance members will
start using it. And if there is a much better chance the right
members read your post (many important members filter out
uninteresting subjects) if you tag it, it might even
continue to be used. The future will tell...