[erlang-questions] Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sat May 26 01:52:20 CEST 2007

Hi!

Yes you found an interesting bug.

replace the
	timer:sleep(1000)
with
	receive
	after 1000 -> ok
	end

and it works! (at least for me, but with in GDB the code may work
unmodified !!!)

The definition of timer:sleep is however:

sleep(T) ->
     receive
     after T -> ok
     end.

which looks very much like the code above ;-)

I think OTP team will have some debugging sessions, I tried a bit but
could not find it..... yet :-)

/Tony