[erlang-questions] some language changes

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Fri May 25 19:45:11 CEST 2007

On 5/25/07, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:

> Regardless of whether the shell supports module definitions,
> I (and especially Mats Cronqvist, I believe) would like to
> see better support for editing insanely complex one-liners
> in the shell (multi-line editing would be a great help).
>
> Today, if you insert line breaks into a command, the
> repeated occurences of the prompt destroys your chances
> of copying and pasting the expression without post-
> processing. This leaves you with writing expressions that
> wrap several times, and they are a bear to edit (esp. with
> broken terminal windows).

The shell has the source. I would probably not be a great problem for
it to store that source and print it on demand, or even write it to a
file. That may solve a few problems that have been talked about.