[erlang-questions] Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

KatolaZ me@REDACTED
Fri May 25 18:07:04 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 05:38:33PM +0200, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:

> KatolaZ wrote:
> >
> > So, Ulf, do you or anybody else have any idea about this
> > strange behaviour of erl scheduler ??? I hope someone can say
> > if we hit a big-bug in the priority management system, and
> > what it the cause.
>

> No, I don't have an explanation, although I didn't
> look that hard at the problem. It did look weird.
>
> In general, one should be very careful with the
> priority levels 'high' and 'max', since they make
> it possible to starve all other processes. A high
> priority process shouldn't be able to starve
> another high priority process, obviously.

I agree. The messy thing is that the behaviour changes depending on
WHEN you lauch that process, as explained in the first mail ....
8-O

HND

Enzo

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]