[erlang-questions] Yaws with HTPPS authentication + HTTP

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Thu May 24 16:12:45 CEST 2007

On 5/23/07, Patrick <patrickerj@REDACTED> wrote:
> What is the technique of user authentication with HTTPS with only
> HTTPS for authentication and after authentication transferring user to
> HTTP protocol? I know many sites use this(Gmail, Hotmail,... ) but how
> to do it, esp. in Yaws?

That's not really what they do, they just redirect you back to where
you were. If you start at a https URL before logging in then you'll
end up at one. What they're doing is basically a form of single
sign-on.

> I know that i cant have virtual servers on different ports on the same
> IP(same computer) for HTTPS, will i need for that two physical
> servers?

Different IP addresses are sufficient.

-bob