[erlang-questions] Solaris 10 build issues - R11B-4

Mats Cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Mon May 21 18:40:51 CEST 2007

Brad Anderson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get OTP R11B-4 to compile on Solaris 10 (x86, 32bit).  I've
> placed the needed packages on the system so far:
> gcc 3.4.6
> openssl-0.9.8e
> make-3.81
> and their dependencies...
>
> Also, I received an 'ar' error in ./configure, so I added Solaris binutils to
> the path.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.

   i'm not sure this qualifies as an insight, but i had a great deal of trouble
building anything on solaris 8 (NB). from my notes;

binutils ld broken, make sure we use solaris ld/as
which as ; which ld ; which cc ; which make ; which gcc
/usr/ccs/bin/as
/usr/ccs/bin/ld
/usr/ucb/cc
$ALOCAL/gnu/bin/make
$ALOCAL/gnu/bin/gcc

   it was solaris 8 and probably unrelated to your problem in any case. so this
advice is worth what you pay for it...

   mats