[erlang-questions] some language changes

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Mon May 21 12:07:09 CEST 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 18:10, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> Now the book is done I've been thinking about some language changes.

> 3. Extended string syntax: idea - put an atom *before the string quote
>     to say what the string means and to *change* the syntax rules that
> apply to the string content.

>           C = a control atom
>
>        X = regexp " ... "
>
>           = html " .... "

Isn't that just a function call C("...") to inject the string into some new
type? Being able to define a new abstract type would be a big improvement in
the language.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.