[erlang-questions] regexp sux!

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sun May 20 13:51:59 CEST 2007

A few comments about that seeing it is my fault. :-) Anchoring, ^ and $,
doesn't work when compiling the regexp with compile, but it should work
when running it directly or with just parse. If it doesn't then it is  bug.

I am working on some new regexp modules with both POSIX and PERL style
regexps. There will probably be two modules as they don't just have
different features but also different semantics, they will find
different matches.

What features are people mainly interested in? What should I focus on to
start with?

N.B. I am implementing it all in Erlang and not doing an interface to a
"C" library like PCRE. I mean where's the fun in that?

Robert