[erlang-questions] convert UTF-8 encoded string to atom.

Stephen Han kruegger@REDACTED
Sat May 19 23:10:01 CEST 2007

Hi.

I need your advice on converting UTF-8 encoded string into atom.

1. Is there any function that I can use?
2. Will it be a problem, having non-printable character-based atom within
virtual machine?
3. What will be the good approach where in a situation that code converts
accepted string to atom when sometime that string is UTF-8 format. I know
that the atom is not garbaged collected but assuming that I have limited
number of string that won't overflow the atom table within the virtual
machine.

regards,