[erlang-questions] Where can I find the definition of the external term format

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed May 9 20:11:28 CEST 2007

On 5/9/07, Roessner, Silvester <silvester.roessner@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> sorry, but I have searched about have a day and found nothing but the source
> code of erl_marshal.
>

> Is there an official documentation?

The external term format is documented in
 erts/emulator/internal_doc/erl_ext_dist.txt
in the source distribution.

The text document will be upgradet to be part of the official
documentation in a forthcoming release (I don't promise when)

You can also look ath the erl_interface and j_interface sources to see
how the connection handshake works because I am not sure it
is completely described in the text.

/Regards Kenneth (OTP development team at Ericsson)