[erlang-questions] fd_server does not work with R11B-4

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Wed May 9 09:24:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

The fd_server (see jungerl) does not work with R11B-4.
I suspect it has to do with the following (excerpt from
the release notes):

> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R11B-4.readme
>
>    OTP-6452  In the documentation of the driver entry field....

This is most unfortunate since fd_server is important for Yaws
users that want to open up privileged ports. The following is
what happends:

)1> fdsrv:start().
{error,{error,{{error,driver_incorrect_version},
                "/home/tobbe/blaha/lib/fd_server/priv"}}}

A more complete testcase could be:

fdsrv:start().
{ok, Fd} = fdsrv:bind_socket(tcp, {{0,0,0,0}, 81}).
gen_tcp:listen(81,[{fd, Fd}]).

I've heard rumors that fd_server may be included in a future OTP
releases. Could that be true ?

Anyway, if anyone comes up with an updated driver, it would be
mighty good if it could be put into jungerl.

Cheers, Tobbe
(Ps. Btw R11B-4 can't be built unless --disable-hipe is used [Debian 4.
0,Gentoo])