[erlang-questions] crazy thoughts: inittab and erl node

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Mon May 7 21:34:45 CEST 2007

On 7 May 2007, at 06:23, jm wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to start an erlang node from inittab? For
> example,
> something like
>
>  n0:2345:/usr/sbin/erl -noshell
>
> or for the more crazy out there doing embedded systems: Replacing
> /sbin/init with an erlang node? Now I've have no idea what the
> advantage
> or disadvantages of such a set up would be. It's just a random thought
> that occured to me and I was interested to know if anyone had tried
> it.

This post thread refers to one such project started:

http://forum.trapexit.org/viewtopic.php?t=2440

I'm not sure if it ever ran, but Tony probably has the code filed
away somewhere ;-)

Sean