[erlang-questions] Erlounge in Provo, Utah May 8th

pat eyler pat.eyler@REDACTED
Tue May 1 17:10:32 CEST 2007

The UtahValley.rb and BYU-RUG are trying something new.  In place of
our regular May 8th meeting, we're going to be hosting an 'erlounge'
(an Erlang-centered meeting) Hopefully this will be the first of many
monthly erlounges.  (No, this doesn't mean we're giving up Ruby --
plan on seeing our regular Ruby meetings for a long time to come.)

We'll meet at 7 PM in the large conference room at the Open Source
Technology Center in Building A on the Novell Campus in Provo.  During
the meeting, we'll look at the first 6 chapters of 'Programming Erlang'
by Joe Armstrong.

Erlang is a highly concurrent, functional language.  It was initially
developed over 10 years ago for programming cell phone switches.
Today, it is used for a variety of applications where stability,
performance, and concurrency are essential.

In his forward to 'Programming Erlang' Joe Armstrong writes "I had fun
writing this book.  I hope you have fun reading it.  Now go read the
book, write some code, and have fun."  Let's take his advice and have
some fun reading and hacking erlang together.

(please feel free to forward this message to anyone you think might
be interested)

--
thanks,
-pate