[erlang-questions] TypEr [WAS: Re: Erlang/OTP R11B-4 has been released]

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Mar 29 09:13:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 3/28/07, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:
> As far as I know, on Unix machines, typer works OK when used with the
> --show or --show-exported options.

Works on Windows too. I see that here at work it works

> At this point, I would not recommend any other way of using typer. Not
> because the other ways do not work, but more because the type domain
> (i.e. the type annotations typer generates) is a moving target as we
> refine the type analysis. So, if I were a user, I would be reluctant to
> add to my files type annotations which might change in the next release.

Ah, the output is the annotated source code. Somehow I thought it
would have been just the annotations.

BTW, it would be useful to do the same addition as with dialyzer: make
it callable from inside Erlang and returning the type information as a
data structure. Of course, this would also place at the bottom of the
todo list.

best regards,
Vlad