[erlang-questions] gen_event and global event handlers

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Wed Mar 28 03:39:15 CEST 2007

And the any notes floating around on the specifics of global event
managers? I have an event mananager and a set of handler that work fine
as locally, but when I attempt to make a couple of simple changes for it
to work across two machines/nodes thing start to go awry.

To begin with execute the following all on the same node with EVENTMGR
to equal some atom,

  gen_event:start_link({global, ?EVENTMGR}).

  gen_event:which_handlers({global,?EVENTMGR}).

returns []. Then in calling event handler module executes

  start_link(Options) ->
    gen_event:add_handler({global, ?EVENTMGR}, ?MODULE, Options).

called with Options = []. Yet calling this function results in

** exited: noproc **

and

  gen_event:which_handlers({global,?EVENTMGR}).

now also returns

** exited: noproc **

Any hints as to what may be going wrong?

Jeff.