[erlang-questions] Question about Erlang's term serialization for message passing

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Mar 7 13:36:08 CET 2007

> Christoph Dornheim wrote:
>
> Is this (the growth of memory space for received data) just a
> theoretical problem of applications sending that kind of data
> to remote processes or does it happen sometimes in practice
> that an application runs out of memory caused by this problem?

I ran into severe memory problems once. It's related in this post:

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2005-November/018024.ht
ml

(continued here:
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2005-December/018051.ht
ml)

This was about the flattening of data when passed between two local
processes, but the principle is the same.

BR,
Ulf W