[erlang-questions] Optimal way to restrict a ram_copies table to N entries

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jun 28 22:13:01 CEST 2007

--- Scott Lystig Fritchie <fritchie@REDACTED>
wrote:

> (*) Unless you're also truly paranoid, in which case
> you will suspect
> that make_ref() will also give you duplicates.
> That's pretty far on
> the paranoid end of the spectrum, since belief in
> focused cosmic rays
> disrupting your RAM is may be nearby on the same
> spectrum.

Is it paranoid to wonder what might happen if you
store a ref (or pid) in a disk table, then restart?
:-) I'm not sure what sort of uniqueness guarantees
Erlang makes, to be honest.

(RAM is best protected by tinfoil, by the way.)

Best,
Thomas