[erlang-questions] message copying or by reference

Damien Morton dmorton@REDACTED
Tue Jun 26 21:10:51 CEST 2007

When I send a message from one process to another on the same node, is
that message passed by copying or by reference.

Lets say I have an agent which is maintaining a largish internal state
(i.e. several 10s ro 100s of KB when serialised) and wants to send a
good portion of that to another process (i.e. if the state is thought of
as a tree, then several subtrees might be sent). How is this handled?