[erlang-questions] cean and dbg

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Jun 25 15:31:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

The purpose with runtime_tools is that is should be available in
target systems to enable tracing in runtime.
There are no dependencies from the debugger to runtime_tools.
If runtime_tools is present in a target system it can be used directly
from the shell or higher level tools can be run even on other hosts
than target for the purpose
of activating various trace schenarios on target.
One such higher level application is the inviso application (part of
the open source distribution).

Yes I think runtime_tools should be included in the base cean archive.

/Kenneth