[erlang-questions] Your most painful Erlang issue

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jun 21 09:51:37 CEST 2007

Serge Aleynikov

> Since you have been enjoying OCaml and camlp4
> lately, here is an idea that I wanted to pursue
> but didn't have time to implement it.
>
> Write driver bindings that would bridge Erlang and OCaml
> making it possible to call OCaml closures from Erlang and
> implement Erlang <-> OCaml term marshalling. Implement
> ei/erl_interface bindings for OCaml so that it would be
> possible to bridge two languages.

I started digging into this a few days ago, mainly
trying to find people interested in the idea.
It's gone reasonably well so far (that is, we haven't
attempted anything really difficult ;-).

Anyone seriously interested could send me an email.
I don't think the erlang-questions list is the right
forum for a discussion, but perhaps we could get a
trapexit forum for it?

There are two tracks btw, one for Haskell-Erlang and
one for Ocaml-Erlang. Each is interesting on its
own merits.

BR,
Ulf W