[erlang-questions] Optimising TCP/IP connectivity

Oscar Hellström oscar@REDACTED
Tue Jun 19 23:53:35 CEST 2007

beepblip@REDACTED wrote:
> It would be neat if you could do that same test again with a Sun
> Niagara based system. I wonder if the additional cores allow you to
> scale higher or if there is an OS limitation?  SSL would be good to
> test as well.

Sorry, don't have access to that kind of machine.

I think SSL is a bit out of scope here, but it could be interesting to
find out how much the SSL overhead is costing us. In this study, more
memory would probably have pushed the systems higher rather than more CPU.

Best Regards
--
Oscar Hellström, oscar@REDACTED
Erlang Training and Consulting