[erlang-questions] gen_tcp:send(Sock, SmallPacket) issue

Frank Lenaerts frank.lenaerts@REDACTED
Tue Jun 19 11:09:15 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 10:40:25AM +0200, ext Christian S wrote:
> Can you introduce a "ping" message that makes the remote machine go
> "pong"? The failure to receive a pong within a timeout will then be
> your clue.

No, this is not possible as the other side is not running
erlang. Introducing an application level "ping" also won't work as the
other side doesn't expect anything (and I can't change that side).

Actually, the ACK, on the TCP packet that I sent, would be the
"pong". The ok I get from gen_tcp:send however does not correspond
with an ACK.

--
frank.lenaerts@REDACTED