[erlang-questions] (no subject)

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 11:06:31 CEST 2007

--- Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:

> Kirill,
>
> I think this is what you are looking for:

http://wiki.trapexit.org/index.php/Cascading_Behaviours

Writing all the "redirection code" explicitly is a bit
cumbersome compared to object-oriented inheritance. Is
there a better erlang-y way of doing this?

On a related point, I think it was Richard C. who
first mentioned that behaviours are more like
interfaces (e.g. from java), which seemed like a
sensible point of view to me. Unfortunately, the
compiler complains when you declare more than one
behaviour for a module, so it looks like this view is
not universal :-)

Best,
Thomas