[erlang-questions] I need to call unexported functions from the erlang shell

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 00:41:51 CEST 2007

On 14/06/07, Claes Wikström <klacke@REDACTED> wrote:
> Kenneth Lundin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't really understand why there is a big need for Luke to call
> > local functions
> > from the shell during debugging of a live system?
> >

> I sympathize with Luke here. Debugging live systems, being able
> to call non exported functions from the shell is often ... well
> necessary.
>
> /klacke

I seconded Luke's wish when he proposed it the first time. I will add
my voice to his again. The feature he is asking for is invaluable when
stuff goes wrong in the live network.

Chandru