[erlang-questions] Integration testing in Erlang

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Thu Jun 14 14:03:14 CEST 2007

Kirill Zaborski wrote:
> A bit scarce docs, placing some simple example will be useful.

There are some edoc info in the code,
but yes, the docs are lacking a bit.

I started to implement an example for an app in jungerl
but got side-tracked. I will try to finish the example.

> How does yatsy differ from test_server and EUnit?

It takes (almost) the same ETS SUITE files as input.
The main difference to ETS is that it is available from
a public repository and thus can be improved and maintained
properly.

We (Kreditor) use it for our automatic testsuites both nightly
builds as well as integrated with Cruise Control (i.e all test-suites
are automatically run as soon as someone does a checkin into our svn repos).

We are also using EUnit which is great to use for a test-driven
development aproach. See this the excellent blog entry for example:

http://pragdave.pragprog.com/pragdave/2007/04/testfirst_word_.html

> Integration with Yaws?

Yatsy can produce reports as HTML on disk as well as deliver
them via the Yaws server that automatically is setup.

Cheers, Tobbe