[erlang-questions] ODBC low level question: Use of sockets by port

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Jun 13 16:18:01 CEST 2007

Hello,

Le 13 juin 07 à 14:59, Raimo Niskanen a écrit :

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 10:58:16AM +0200, Mickaël Rémond wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently troubleshoting ODBC low level connection problems.
>> We are seeing case, when under high load the odbc:connect function is
>> returning einval.
>> It very likely comes from the gen_tcp accept code.
>> Do you see any reason this code should fail ? Initial connection to
>> the database is working fine. It happens on reconnect.
>>
>> I am still investigating on this but I would like to get your
>> feedback if you have any idea why it can happen.
>>

> Nope.
>
> It seems as a fresh listen socket fed to gen_tcp:accept()
> makes it return einval. Very strange.
>
> Are you out of file descriptors for your process?
> Does it help to increase that limit (ulimit -n, perhaps)?

I also thought about this one, but this is not the case and I think
it would return something like enfile instead.

This is definitely strange, I agree.

Still thinking about it ...

--
Mickaël Rémond