[erlang-questions] how to do faster integer operations (was: some language changes)

Jason Dusek jsnx@REDACTED
Fri Jun 8 06:19:06 CEST 2007

On 6/7/07, Paul Mineiro <paul-trapexit@REDACTED> wrote:
> Do you mean, batching up the calls to the linked-in driver to amortize the
> communication overhead?  I do believe this would work.  It does create
> some complication however because the way the function is used (there is
> not necessarily multiple units of work to be done).

Well, if there's only one unit of work to be done, I guess you're out
of luck. Setting it up as a list operation would really only help
computations that were structured to take advantage of a batch hash.

--
_jsn