[erlang-questions] word filtering

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Wed Jun 6 22:14:35 CEST 2007

I did just this way back in the Bluetail days. The input would be a file
containing all the words you wanted to detect, one per line. Then I had
an AWK script (or it could have been Erlang) which then generated a leex
input file which was compiled and run on the message. It was fast, but I
can't remember how fast.

The funny thing with doing it this way. When modifying the input words
it was probably faster to regenerate the leex file and recompile it than
to keep the words in a smart database and update that.

If you want I will see if I can find my old code. If
Bluetail/Alteon/Nortel don't mind, though I doubt they know, or care. :-)

Robert