[erlang-questions] word filtering

shehan shehan@REDACTED
Wed Jun 6 07:57:03 CEST 2007

Hi all,
Tx a lot for your suggestions regarding my issue.
Regards,
Shehan

-----Original Message-----
From: Darius Bacon [mailto:darius@REDACTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 6:16 AM
To: shehan@REDACTED
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] word filtering

"shehan" <shehan@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to write spam detecting (word filtering) function. I already
know
> that regexp can be used for that & it is just string comparing & too
> slow when used in high volume usage.(ex: 500 text messages/sec) Can
> somebody tell me that, is there any method in Erlang to filter words
> faster than regexp?

Joe Armstrong's new book includes an extended example of indexing text
for search. One module filters out words from a 'stop list'. This may
be just like what you want, though maybe not.

See the indexer_words module in the code resources downloadable from
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/jaerlang/

Darius