[erlang-questions] some language changes

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Mon Jun 4 19:55:00 CEST 2007

On 6/4/07, Matthew O'Gorman <mogorman@REDACTED> wrote:
> or you could just not do it.... Rest2 isnt bad, also there are other
> confusions that could come up, like spawning off process and the
> variables diverging etc.  its just a bad idea...

I think you're confusing rebinding local variables and destructive
update of globals.

Again, I want to make clear that I'm NOT proposing this.  The original
suggestion to which I was responding was to create "Erlang Redux," a
language with the concurrency semantics of Erlang, but different
syntax and details.  I wrote up a list of things that have come up in
past discussions in erlang-questions, that BEAM already supports, and
could easily be handled in this new, high-level Erlang-variant.

James