[erlang-questions] String encoding and character set

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Wed Jan 17 00:33:14 CET 2007

We do actually, in fact we have something much much better, a list.
Using a list you don't have to worry about encodings but can use the
unicode value directly in the string/list. This makes all processing
much easier. Then when you are done you can convert it to what ever
encoding you want.

I don't really understand why anyone would want to process data in an
unnecessarily complex format instead of a simple one.

Robert