[erlang-questions] Problem with code:priv_dir

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Sun Feb 11 22:39:26 CET 2007

Hi,

On 2/11/07, Robert Baruch <autophile@REDACTED> wrote:
> Now, what I don't get is that the documentation for code:priv_dir/1
> says:
>
> "Searches the code path for a directory named .../Name[-Vsn][/ebin]
> and returns the directory .../Name[-Vsn]/priv. It is not checked if
> this directory really exists."
>
> Code path contains "." ... check.
> ./mytest-0.1/ebin ... check.

I believe (but am not completely sure) that the "..." above has
nothing to do with a ".." meaning the parent directory in a path, but
is an ellipsis for any prefix string. This would mean that "." doesn't
match that pattern and thus the error message.

You'll have to add "/path/to/mytest-0.1/ebin" to the code path (or
even "../../mytest-0.1/ebin")

best regards,
Vlad