[erlang-questions] How to break out from mnesia transaction?

attila.rajmund.nohl@REDACTED attila.rajmund.nohl@REDACTED
Mon Feb 5 14:52:39 CET 2007

Hello!

I have to implement function a() which have to call function b().
Function a() is always called from a mnesia transaction, while function
b() can't be called from a mnesia transaction. How can I solve this
problem elegantly? My idea is start a process from a(), send a message
to the process, which in turn will call b() (it's now outside of the
transaction, right?) and when b() returns, the process sends back a
message to a(). Is there a simpler way to solve the problem?

 				Bye,NAR
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
  tried it."