[erlang-questions] memoization (was: Re: [Fwd: Re: Functional Programming])

Colin Meyer cmeyer@REDACTED
Fri Aug 31 18:50:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't gotten to learning about ETS yet. I
guess that this is fairly similar to my idea of caching results in the
process dictionary.

Is it a correct understanding that caching is not practical with "pure"
Erlang data structures?

Thanks,
-Colin.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 11:24:52AM -0500, Matthew O'Gorman wrote:
> i have this
> memo.erl:
> -module (memo).
> -export ([y/1, memoize/1, fib/1]).