[erlang-questions] Suitable applications for Erlang

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc@REDACTED
Sun Aug 26 23:18:44 CEST 2007

You're confusing the issues. Green threads is orthogonal to the
performance of CPU bound computations. As a matter of fact, erl spawns
a thread for each CPU and extra for certain blocking io operations.

I'd be more worried about the bytecode and lack of compact data
structures.

Of course, this is all wild speculation. Why not do some tests?

-ryan

Sent from my iPhone