[erlang-questions] rpc from erlang to java

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Sun Aug 19 18:15:02 CEST 2007

> This looks very interesting. Do you have any link to documentation
> regarding configuration on the Java side when not using
> HessianServlet? I couldn't find any when doing a quick browse at their
> site.

The decoding/encoding from/to a stream is implemented in the
HessianOutput / HessianInput classes. I don't think there is any
online documentation of this, but it's fairly straight forward to read
the API docs of these 2 classes.

> BTW, I suppose you are aware that your hessian:encode_reply/1 is
> incomplete, it only accepts integers.

Yes, the cotton lib is still incomplete because I have been
concentrating first on the parts that I require for some downstream
projects. The hessian_test module is supposed to be a protocol
compatibility test and tests for all facets of the protocol still need
to be added. If you are interested in using any of it at all I can
re-prioritize some of the work on this.

HTH,

Ben