[erlang-questions] Abnormal Erl process behaviour?

Eranga Udesh casper2000a@REDACTED
Wed Aug 8 09:49:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am running an Erlang 11B-5 system with SMP enabled (8 schedulers) and with
196 System Threads in RH Linux ES 4 system. Occasionally I experience system
stalls/pauses for few seconds (10-20). However all the messages and
processes spawn continues after that pause like nothing happened. Is there's
a possibility to,

1. stop all message deliveries in the system for few seconds due to any
reason? Eg. system time shifts, etc.

2. running processes stop or context switch due to a problem in process
scheduler

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
- Eranga