[erlang-questions] Erlang on VPS

Peter K Chan peter@REDACTED
Thu Aug 2 16:43:40 CEST 2007

I have used Erlang in an OpenVZ VPS. I have not encountered any problem
yet, although I didn't try kpoll or HIPE.

Peter

From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Ludovic
Coquelle
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:30 AM
To: Erlang Users' List
Subject: [erlang-questions] Erlang on VPS

Anyone has experiences to share about using Erlang in VPS?

In the following blogpost Roberto wrote about some problems with Erlang
running in Xen; Yariv said he had no problem with Virtuozzo. Any
comment? experience?
http://yarivsblog.com/articles/2006/08/17/options-for-erlang-webapp-host
ing/

Also, another question a bit off-topic of erlang-question, but that
could interest many Erlang users:
I'm interested in a cheap VPS hosting, to try out some of the great
Erlang applications in the real world (I mean internet :) ). Those 2
hosting providers have been listed by Erlang users:
http://www.jaguarpc.com
http://tektonic.net
Again, same question: any comment, any other good experience with those
or other providers?

Thanks