[erlang-questions] inets for web services? (Tom Samplonius)

Tom Samplonius tom@REDACTED
Fri Apr 27 03:03:35 CEST 2007

----- "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED> wrote:
> I was just wondering what functionality the REST based service is
> going to need? I was thinking of making a REST based server (which
> for
> me would mean building in tracking of moved resources so as to
> automatically respond with correct response code for such resources)
>
> what were you planning on putting in yours?

  No, I just need to enqueue messages from the REST interface.  I was planning to enqueue the messages into a Mnesia table, and then wake up an agent to fetch it.  Using Mnesia should allow the messages to be enqueued on any node in the group, so I don't have to worry about things moving, or having to inform clients to connect to some other REST server node.

  But I don't really understand what you mean by "moved resources"?  I suppose it depends on the API you are designing.

Tom