[erlang-questions] dialyzer in R11B-4

Mats Cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Thu Apr 26 09:57:01 CEST 2007

Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Mats Cronqvist wrote:
>> Rickard Green wrote:
>>> We will probably also distribute R11B-5 as a "pre-built OTP package"
>>> with most platform-independent build results included (including
>>> dialyzers initial plt).
>>>

>>    sounds great. but what will be in the pre-built plt? i personally
>> use this; [asn1,crypto,inets,kernel,mnesia,runtime_tools,
>> snmp,stdlib,ssl,syntax_tools,os_mon,otp_mibs,sasl,megaco]
>>
>>    which takes a few hours to build...
>>    but since time is of no concern to you guys :> , you could build a
>> plt that includes everything, right?
>
> Humor aside, I am assuming that the PLT will indeed include mostly
> everything.  This is not so bad as it sounds. (The only problematic
> application is "megaco".)
>
> Given a reasonable machine (e.g. a laptop of about 5 years ago like
> mine), the rest of the applications can be included and have the PLT be
> built within reasonable time (i.e. in less than 2 hours).

   megaco is most important to me. it took 10 hrs to build my plt.

Creating initial PLT (will take several minutes; please be patient)
Done building PLT in 597m43.68s

   i don't consider that particularly bad. of course, if the plt was delivered
with OTP it would be even better. it compresses down to 800Kb, not too bad.

   mats