[erlang-questions] inets for web services?

Tom Samplonius tom@REDACTED
Thu Apr 26 07:14:48 CEST 2007

  I need to build a very simple web service (REST), as part of a simple async messaging server.  However, using inets seems to be a bit of challenge.  It is a full blown web server, and the documentation is pretty dense.  Is there better documentation than:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/inets/part_frame.html

?

The first problem, I found is "Modules" is a required directive (which is not mentioned).  And "BindAddress *" is not only not the default, or it does not work on FreeBSD, as I had to explicitly define the IP.

  Is there any documentation on a minimal inets config for a web service?  It looks like I need a minimum, of a inets.config, httpd.conf, and a mime.types file too.

Tom