[erlang-questions] process dictionary, anyone?

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Tue Apr 24 03:07:41 CEST 2007

Trouble is that it breaks the functional part of the language. Now that
is only really done in process dictionary, processes/message, ports and
ets. Though both ets and ports can be considered as processes/messages
and can be implemented as such though a bit less efficiently.

So globals variables in the process dictionary is not really a Good
Thing. Using them as settable constants would be perhaps ok. How about
having them as variables and only be set-once?

Robert